The phrases “we”, “us”, and “our” used throughout this page solely represents AJLU.com and its affiliates.
AJLU.com cares and respects your privacy and is obligated to safeguard the personal information of its buyers, sellers, affiliates, collaborators, influencers, and other visitors (collectively users). We believe that you reserve the right to know our practices with respect to the information we collect when you visit and/or use our Site. This policy gives an explanation of our privacy practices for the site and services we provide as well as privacy practices that apply to individual influencers, affiliates, and other collaborators.
Your Consent and Information We Collect
- Accessing and/or using the site and its related services, goods, and applications
- Registering on our site
- Using our site as a collaborator to share comments on a specific project
- Registering to our affiliate, influencer, or similar program
By doing any of the above-mentioned actions, we ask you to provide some personal details including without limitation to your email id, contact address, mobile number, etc. We will also ask you to provide or otherwise collect additional information that you provide us, such as, your physical address or billing information, profile details, financial information (such as payment method and credit card number), telephone number or other contact details, taxpayer information and forms, details about your listed digital assets, details about other social networks and linked accounts, purchases, education, profession and expertise, and additional authentication information (such as your government-issued ID, passport, or driving license as permitted by the applicable laws). We, as well as collect information about your communication with AJLU.com and its other users.
Also, we collect some information when you browse, access, view, or use the site. That is when you access or use the site, we are cognizant about your usage of the site, and hence gather, collect, and store the information concerning your usages, such as your IP address, geolocation information, browser information, device, and connection information, and web-log information, and all communications stored by users across the site. We employ that information to enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience, and as well as oversee the site for any fraud and inappropriate content or behavior in an attempt to prevent it.
We also collect supplemental information from third parties, such as demographic and navigation data, if applicable. We merge your personal information and the information we collect automatically or from other companies, and use that to enhance and personalize our services, content, and advertising, and/or to prevent fraudulent activities. In addition to that, to improve your online experience atAJLU.com, we have enacted impression reporting. When you view our ads, we collect user Global Unique Identifier and HTTP request data like IP, browser information, user agent, host, URL, country/continent from where the request has been made, and device/operating system version.
Upon registering on our site, your location, username, and additional information with respect to your activity are made public and are visible to all other users of the site. This information includes without limitation to your published portfolio, photos you upload, listing information, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile. We may also grant you permission to post content publicly in blogs, forums, and on other similar features. Please note that information such as your user name and profile and the content uploaded by you will be publicly displayed when you use such features.
How Do We Collect Information?
Information You Provide Us
You provide us with most of the information we collect by:
- Registering on our site
- Linking your AJLU.com account(s) to social networks
- Posting and sharing additional information at your sole discretion
- Communicating around the user content
The information you provide us can include information about sellers and their listings, sharing of portfolio, education and profession, ratings and feedbacks by buyers, and anything you may choose to add to your user profile.
Information We Collect When You Use or Access the Site
Information We Collect Through Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party vendors/sellers and/or other commercially available sources, such as:
- third-Party Service (like Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)- We receive some information, such as your registration and profile information if you connect, link, or log in to your AJLU.com account with that service. This information differs and is governed by that service or as allowed by you via your privacy settings when using the service.
- Advertising and Marketing Partners-We receive some information to monitor, manage and measure our campaigns.
- Third-Party Vendors – They provide us data to supplement the information we collect about you, as per the applicable laws. For example, we may receive fraud warnings from fraud prevention and risk assessment service providers. We may also receive information from advertising and marketing partners to keep checking our campaigns for how they perform as well as from enrichment service providers to enhance and personalize your experience.
How Do We Use the Collected Information?
In places relevant under the applicable law, processing your personal information will be justified or legitimized by the ‘legal ground’ for processing. In most cases, processing will be justified based on that:
- The processing is subject to your fundamental rights and interests and provided it is conducted at all times in a proportional way and is essential to back up our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to enhance our services for you).
- You have granted us permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- The processing is essential to act in accordance with the relevant legal obligation and the regulatory obligation we have.
- The processing is necessary to sign a contract or take measures to enter into a contract with you (for example, to provide you services that you have purchased from us).
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you quality service and security, let you operate the site with enhanced user experience, perform our obligations, develop and enhance our service. For example, we use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We may use the collected information to set up your account, enable your communications with other members, verify or re-issue a password, provide customer support, log your activity, and contact you as required. The information helps us to develop and improve our services for you, customize and personalize your experience, and understand and analyze your preferences and performance.
- Prevent fraud, maintain a safe and secure marketplace, and make sure marketplace integrity. For example, we use your information to monitor content integrity, track and prevent fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities, verify or authenticate information provided by you, conduct security investigations and risk assessments, enforce our Terms of Service and comply with the applicable laws. We conduct some behavioral analytics to meet the above-mentioned objectives, and in some cases, if we find any activity that we think poses a risk to the AJLU.com marketplace, our community, its users, or third parties, automated processes may restrict or limit your ability to use our site.
- Maintain appropriate business records and act in accordance with the lawful requests by public authorities and other regulations or as otherwise required by the law.
- Contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise authorized by you or permitted according to this policy.
- Promote and advertise the site and AJLU.com. For example, we use the collected information for sending direct marketing messages (as detailed below), to display information according to your interest, and to organize and facilitate referral programs, contests, and/or other promotional activities or events.
We will request your permission prior to using your personal information for a purpose other than mentioned in this policy.
We will use your information for direct marketing:
- We process your personal information for marketing purposes based on our legitimate interest, your consent, or as otherwise permitted as per the applicable laws. You hold back the right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time by following the opt-out link attached to each communication or by sending an email to us.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our services, products, or promotions from AJLU.com according to your interest or our related services. We may send such marketing communications via SMS, telephone, email, post, or targeted online advertisements.
- We take steps to restrict direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and send you communications that we believe may be of interest or relevant to you, based on the information we collected about you.
How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in the following circumstances, we will retain your personal information for a long period:
- In regard to personal information from closed accounts to prevent fraud, act in accordance with the applicable laws, resolve disputes, collect any fees owed, assist with any investigation, troubleshoot problems, enforce our terms of service, and take other actions as required as per the applicable law.
- Until it is essential and relevant for our operations. For example, if we have to keep your personal information to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Where We Store Your Personal Information?
Some of your personal information will be stored or processed by third-party suppliers and data processors on our behalf and they may be located in other jurisdictions, such as India, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction of where you live. We will take all necessary steps to make sure that your personal information is treated securely and according to this policy.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share, sell, and/or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit permission.
We share your personal information with third parties as mentioned below:
We share personal information to law enforcement agencies, judicial process, regulatory authorities, public authorities, or other parties to respond to a court order,if we believe we have to do so by the law, or that doing so is necessary to act as per the legal processes. We also disclose your personal information to the law enforcement authorities, when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to investigate breaches of security, actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, respond to claims against us, breaches of this policy, and protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AJLU.com, its customers, or the public.
We share personal information to facilitate interactions between Users. For example, if you are a buyer, we may share some limited information about you (such as the fact it is your first purchase on AJLU.com) with the seller to ensure that the provided services will meet your needs. Such sharing of information is limited in scope and will not include personal identifying information (PII) that is already not available to the seller via the marketplace and is only intended to improve the services provided by the seller and your user experience.
We share personal information with service providers who provide us services for opening and operating your account, operating the site and providing ancillary services and solutions. Such services include without limitation to community management services, hosting services, web analytics, and performance tools, CRM systems, forum hosting, billing and payment vendors, IT SaaS services, data and cybersecurity services, translation tools, session recording, mailing systems, communication systems, data enrichment services, data optimization and marketing services, and legal and financial advisors or technical consultants. As per the requirements of the applicable law, we take commercially reasonable steps to request third parties to keep your personal information safe and confidential and process it only according to our instructions.
We share personal information with fraud detection agencies, payment processors, and similar third parties for facilitating payments done via the site, securing the site, and protecting it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims, or other liabilities. We share personal information with AJLU.com’s affiliates for providing our services to you and for other purposes listed herein. Personal information will also be shared upon going through a business transition, such as a sale, merger, transfer of all or a portion of AJLU.com’s assets, bankruptcy, acquisition, or similar event.
If we sell any business or assets, we will share your data with the prospective buyer. If we or considerably all of our assets are acquired by a third party, information kept by us about our users will also be one of the transferred assets. Our Site includes certain social media features. We also share limited personal information with such social media platforms and marketing partners to promote our services or the AJLU.com marketplace. Such features and third-party services collect certain information about you and may set a cookie to enable their functionality. Such third parties’ features are controlled by their privacy policies.
Kindly note that your profile information and additional information with respect to your activity (anything on the site) is made publicly available and is visible to all users of the site. When you publish and/or post your information and/or share your data with other AJLU.com Users, you do so at your own risk.
Sharing your personal information with other users, including sellers providing you a service via our site is shared as separate controllers. While we strive to protect your privacy and ask our users to keep the information shared with them confidential, we cannot assure that all users will keep the information safe and it is your responsibility to make sure that other users will adhere to your standards.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Scripts
We and our affiliates, marketing partners, analytics, and service providers may employ software technology known as Embedded Script (programming code) to collect information about your interactions with the service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or any similar device you use to access or use our site and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the service.
We and our affiliates, marketing partners, analytics, and service providers may also use web beacons and/or tracking tags to track what content on our service/site is effective and promote it accordingly. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you and are used to track the online activity of internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the email messages you receiver web pages you review. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for several purposes, including, without limitation, to monitor how our users navigate the service, count how many sent emails were opened and/or read, count visitors to our service, and count how many articles or links were actually viewed.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers to disable tracking by websites and online services. Like other websites and online services, we do not alter its practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s or user’s browser.
Updating Personal Information
We take steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate and latest, and we provide you the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. If you find that your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We assure you that we will investigate the inaccuracies and resolve them as quickly as we can wherever necessary or give you ways to update it or delete it quickly, unless or otherwise, it is necessary to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Before updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity to prevent duplicity or other problems. If you have a problem with deleting your personal information for any reason, please contact our Customer Support team. We will make all possible efforts to delete any such information in accordance with any applicable privacy laws. You can review and change your personal information by signing in to the site and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your user content (as defined in our Terms of Service) from the site, copies of your user content may remain available in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the site, including user content, is controlled by our Terms of Service.